WE ARE PHO. WE ARE BUN.
Saturday, April 16, 2005
 
Thank you Mr. O you really were as hospitable as I've been told.
How about a vacation from Vang Vieng allready. I must apologize for that last post, the pillbox was a minibus, and I was on it, or in the sun for much longer than my limit for capable typing.
To be honest I'm not to much better for words here today, but I'll inundate you with updates for the sake of keeping the records in line.
It occured to me today, and I don't want to expound on the matter to heavily, that at home I was a beast trapped within my mind, and within the confines of regularity. I had a schedule, no matter how loose, and that schedule was met. Now throw that mindset into the hyperreal travel scenario...
Like the mouth of the most beautiful cave or a float down a river surrounded by trees and life you have never before thought real...
well, It took a month but this is sinking in.
I must say that in Vang Vieng I have experienced many wonders of such ilk...but the hangover was setting in fast, and now we run for the 'big?' city with 25 dollars owed to a motorcycle rental, and a lost beer laos shirt...it was pink, and now its green at the bottom of a river.
The streets are still lined with thousands of water warriors, truckloads of up to 30 children throwing sandwich bag water bombs, every personal possesion is double wrapped in cheap market baggies...we three are completely drenched in Vientiane.
The bus keeps haulin along too, tomorrow morning at sevan a.m. we part for Savankhett with the only money we'll carry until Cambodia.
teatime...cheers.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

WRITE US...